Hearth Product Buyer's Guide
Are you buying a hearth product (fireplace, insert or stove) for the first time? Use our guidelines and tips below and on the left to help us help you select the hearth product that is just right for your home!
WHAT TO KNOW AND BRING TO THE SHOWROOM
- Do you have an existing wood fireplace?
- Yes, I do.
Then you want a gas or wood insert.
- No, I don't.
Then you need a free-standing stove or factory-built fireplace.
- Do you want gas, wood or electric?
- If you have an existing fireplace, bring in the dimensions of the opening (Width x Height x Depth), along with 3 photos. One photo should show the fireplace and surrounding wall; one photo should show a close-up the fireplace looking up towards the flue; and one photo should be taken standing outside of your home on the ground looking up at the top of the chimney.
- If you do not have an existing fireplace, take a photo of the wall where you intend to put your fireplace and one from the outside showing the location of the venting area.
- How large is the room you want the unit in?
- Are you looking for heat, ambience, or a combination of the two?
- Would you like a traditional look or a more modern or contemporary look?
- If you have seen pictures of hearth products you are interested in, print it and bring it in with you. If you found pictures in magazines, cut out the pictures and bring them in with you.
- Are you looking for a mantel? If so, would you prefer wood, marble or cast stone?
- Will your fireplace be raised off of the ground, flat on the floor, cross-corner or flat on wall?
- Are you planning on placing your flat screen television above your fireplace?
- Are you doing a fireplace makeover?
- Bring as many pictures as it takes to convey your ideas. A picture is worth a thousand words.
We promote Canadian made products!